Autumn Ayurveda Cleanse and Replenish
As we transition from one season to another, from Winter to Spring and from Summer to Autumn, Ayurveda recommends that we take time out to cleanse accumulated toxins from our system. This supports the body to maintain an equilibrium as it adapts to the changing nature of the environment and climate that these seasonal shifts bring with them. As we move into Autumn, we are seen to be particularly vulnerable as the Vata dosha begins to increase. Taking time now to deeply cleanse the tissues and support that inner body harmony with seasonally appropriate foods, spices, herbs and lifestyle, can go a long way towards supporting our health and well-being through the coming Winter months.
The benefits of seasonal cleansing include:
- An increased sense of vitality
- Better sleep
- Enhanced digestion and elimination
- Greater calm in the mind and nervous system
- Improved immunity
- Better skin health
- Preparation of the body to absorb and assimilate rejuvenating foods and herbs in the coming weeks and months for support of good health through Winter
WHAT DOES THE AUTUMN CLEANSE INVOLVE?
- An Introductory Assessment: In Ayurveda, we understand that “one shoe does not fit all”. And so we tailor any programme specifically to suit your individual constitutional type and current health circumstances. After an in-depth consultation and assessment, you will receive a prescription of personalised medicinal teas, spice blends to add to foods and Ayurvedic herbal formulas.
- Preparation: There will be a three day preparation stage which will involve preparing your body and mind for the cleanse by removing any processed foods and stimulants such as sugar, caffeine, and alcohol from your daily diet. This is a time for fresh, cooked fruits and vegetables, whole grains, pulses, nuts, seeds and cold pressed organic oils.Your initial consultation will guide you in this.
- The Cleanse: The cleanse itself will run for five days during which time you will be mainly on a mono-diet of kitchadi (a tasty mung bean and basmati rice porridge), with spices prescribed according to your constitutional type and state of health. As well as the personally-tailoerd kitchadi recipe, you will also receive recipes of detoxifying and balancing soups, vegetable dishes, medicinal teas including teas to help reduce sugar cravings, and herbal prescriptions to help cleanse the blood, lymph and internal organs, as well as to support good elimination throughout.
- Ayurveda Yoga Support: Nine “Cleanse and Rejuvenate” Yoga classes are included in the five day programme, all of which will be structured to support the cleansing process, the return of body and mind to a place of equilibrium, a sense of grounding, a calmer mind and improved sleep. Classes will include detoxifying Yoga posture and breathing practices, guided visualisations to support the cleansing process, yoga nidra and meditations to calm the nervous system and mind.
- First Follow Up Ayurveda Session – Reintroduction (Optional): This session is to support you to gradually reintroduce regular but healthy eating into your daily life after the first few days of the cleanse, to support the body to continue to eliminate the toxins that have been released during the cleansing programme. This reintroduction phase is a crucial part of the whole cleansing process. We will also consider if ongoing gentler cleansing on an individually tailored wholefoods dietary programme is needed for a month or more, to support optimum health.
- Second Follow Up Ayurveda Session (Optional) – Rejuvenation: One month or maybe three months later, when the ama (toxins) have been sufficiently cleared from the body, we will introduce a rejuvenative programme of herbal formulas to enhance and support ongoing health and vitality, including improved immunity.
- Education – learning about your own metabolism and how best to cleanse and nourish for your metabolic type will be an integral part of the programme.
The 10 day programme will run from Oct 3 – 12, 2020. OR you can take the cleanse any time after that date at a time that suits you. And you will receive recordings of the classes.
Once you have decided to join the programme, please email to confirm your place. You will receive links to the classes if you are joining live stream sessions, or recordings of the Yoga part of the programme if you are joining at any other time. You will also receive information about preparing for the cleanse, what to expect, how best to set up for the cleanse itself, and about reintroducing a regular daily diet, plus a shopping list for the programme. We will schedule your first Ayurveda 1-1 session in advance of the cleanse programme, once your place is confirmed. The Ayurveda consultations can be taken face to face or via Zoom.
The 10 day Autumn Cleanse Programme is £180.00 and includes a preliminary 1-1 Ayurveda Consultation to personalise your cleanse: Preparation, Cleanse and Reintroduction guidelines: healing food and medicinal drink recipes: personally selected herbal prescriptions and up to 9 “Cleanse and Rejuvenate” Yoga classes. Follow-up 1-1 sessions can be added to the programme to personally-tailor for you both the reintroduction and rejuvenation phases that follow the cleanse for £50 each.
Special offer for monthly block book participants: £105 for the programme, and £37.50 (25% off) the optional individual follow ups.
Get In Touch
07910 088 032