This lovely retreat will suit those who want to take the time to go more deeply into the practice and understanding of Yoga and Ayurveda. The schedule will include two daily Yoga classes, guided meditations, visualisations, and sound and breathing practices as prescribed by Yoga and Ayurveda. We will take time to explore the lunar and divine feminine energy within us.
During the full moon, Yoga practices will be adapted accordingly and there will be evening sessions after dinner with full moon practices. There may also be trips to a nearby herb garden and sites associated with the goddess Aphrodite.
All accommodation is en-suite and spacious, with air-con, a sea view and it’s own private terrace. The food is lovingly home-prepared and baked with a lot of home grown organic produce. We hope to offer a special Yogic diet for the period of the full moon itself.
The Daily Schedule:
- 6.30am Wake Up & Kriyas
- 7.00am Kriyas, Sun Salutes & Pranayamas, Chants & Meditation.
- 8.30am Breakfast
- 10 – 12noon, Morning Hatha Yoga Session, with talks.
- 1.00pm, Vegetarian Cypriot style lunch (on 3 nights of the full moon we hope to offer an Ayurvedic special cleansing and nourishing food).
- FREE TIME (There may be visits to local sites relevant to the retreat practice and study).
- 5-6.30pm Afternoon Yoga Session – Asanas & Pranayamas & Chants
- 7.00pm – Dinner
- 8.15pm – Evening meditation and Chants (with breath practices on full moon nights).
- 10.00pm Bed time & lights off
On Tuesday 24th May, there is only a scheduled morning practice and dinner is not included in the retreat fee. If there is enough interest, there will be an organised trip to Aphrodite’s birthplace and the ancient temple of Aphrodite. This is not included in the retreat fee, but it’s highly recommended to visit these powerful and beautiful energy spots.
There is only one space left for this full moon retreat so please contact Shama soon if you would like more information, or to book your place.