Late Winter-Early Spring – A Vulnerable Time of Year for Body and Mind
- Add plenty of leafy greens to your meals to help clear any sluggishness in the system after the Winter diet and lifestyle.
- A daily green smoothie soup spiced up with a little ginger juice to boost digestion is great this time of year. Simply steam some dark leafy green seasonal vegetables and perhaps one carrot. Blend in the water with which you steamed the veggies. Squeeze the juice of some grated ginger into the soup to taste, and season to taste.
- Enjoy a grated beets salad daily before midday or main meals. Beets support the detoxification process, helping to cleanse the liver and the blood. Grate raw organic beets and mix with a dressing made from fresh squeezed lemon juice, grated ginger juice and dijon mustard.
- Reduce mucous-forming foods such as pastries, bread and other baked flour products, and dairy.
- Try a morning abhyangha or self-massage with organic cold pressed oil: massage from the head down to the feet with long strokes over long bones, circular strokes over the joints, belly and heart area.
- Eat warming foods, such as vegetable and bean broths.
- Daily practice of can be great when you feel sluggish and heavy. You can learn this in class with me or on the workshop on March 18th.
- Morning sun salutations will help to get the heart rate and lymphatics moving support the clearing out of toxins from the body.
- Create a Spring mindset. Enjoy walks in nature, noticing the various shades of green appearing at this time of year, and the positive promise that these greens bring for the months ahead.
- In times of seasonal transition, if possible cut back on activities and the demands on your daily schedule: avoid over doing, over exercising, travel less, and try to keep to a regular steady daily routine of sleep, work, exercise and meals.
JOIN ME ON SUNDAY MARCH 18TH FOR A DAY OF SEASONAL SPRING AYURVEDA-INSPIRED YOGA POSTURE, BREATH, AND MEDITATION PRACTICES, ALSO WITH OPTIONAL AYURVEDIC CLEANSING AND REJUVENTING LUNCH AND TEAS. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO OR BOOKINGS.
Get In Touch
07910 088 032